Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DEAR OLD BLUE AND GRAY

When I wake up tomorrow, I will be landing in Reykjavik, Iceland. On Sunday I will arrive in Copenhagen. It's been a long hot summer in DC full of sunny days, late nights and amazing friends. I cannot believe how fast it has gone by and that I'm actually just hours away from the start of my semester abroad.

(I'll never get tired of this view)

I've had an incredible two years at Georgetown so far and I would be lying if I said I'm not a little sad to be leaving for a semester. I have without a doubt loved college and can't imagine going to school anywhere besides the hilltop. I'm going to miss so many people and things while I'm gone:
Monday night ITM meetings; Tuesday night Lecture Fund marathons; Booey's on Wednesday; Thursday night movie dates; Friday night rallying; the Santorini salad from Sweetgreen; my bi-weekly grilled cheese from Wisey's; my amazing coworkers; salted carmel cupcakes; Hoya Homecoming; complaining about Lau; complaining about Leo's; going to Lau and (sometimes) Leo's anyway; petting Jack and J.J. when they're feeling friendly; Welcome Week; sushi from Dean and Delucca; GUGS burgers; Halloweekend and dressing up as my doppelganger; Thanksgiving break in Denver; ordering Pygmalions from Midnight and Robin Hoods from MUG; the cupcake holiday party; art history exam crams; field trips to the National Gallery; my dog; Los Cuates; "formals;" being able to see the Washington Monument; just about everyone I know and love in Denver and DC.
I won't be using my US phone number much in Europe but if you have iMessage I'll be able to occasionally send and receive texts from you. I'm an Instagram addict so expect plenty of photos. I promise to be good at responding to emails too if anyone takes the time to send me one. If you want a postcard, send me your address (see the previous post or tab at the top) and I'll flood your mailbox.

And just like that, I'm off. Later America! Copenhagen, Europe and the whole world awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment